Friday, September 29, 2006

LOVE AND CONTRACTION AT THE GAS STATION

How do I express –or even feel – love, when I am so painfully contracted that it is difficult or impossible for me to extend? Keeping my blessing list helps. Saying nice things to people helps. Thanking people and wishing them a nice day helps. When people are expressing themselves, with all these funny little mannerisms, I can flow with them – act like they were clever or at least build off their lead. Like in improv, the “yes…and”, so they don’t look or feel awkward. Pay attention to them. If I can’t get all the way to seeing the divine being in them (I can try), then I can practice trying to like them.

I can tell that people feel safe with me, because they goof around progressively more with me – even in silly little ways.

No comments: